As we enter into a New Year, it is really important to BELIEVE in your own success, ability, values, etc. To get there, consider the following five questions.
- Celebrate – what have been my successes? My wins? My achievements? My special moments in the year just ending?
- Educate – what did I learn during 2010? What are the three best business lessons? What are my three best life lessons of 2010? Better choices come from better awareness.
- Clarification – what are my “Big 5” for 2011 (these goals will become a magnificent obsession, which I will look at every day). What are my top 5 values for 2011? What are my top 15 goals for 2011? Clarity precedes mastery; creativity + audacity = mastery.
- Graduation – take my goals, values and Big 5 and ‘graduate’ them into a plan.
- Visualization – emotionally engage with what my life will look like in the key areas of my life – both on 2011-12-31 and when I have achieved everything.
With thanks to Robin Sharma for some of the insights and inspiration.